20 May 2013

Interview: Heather Fowler



Heather

Interview: Heather Fowler

Heather Fowler is a twenty- something year old girl from WV, a few years ago she started a Facebook group for Apostolic girls to join and encourage one another. Since then the members have grown to over 2000 girls and she has added a “like” page, Tumblr blog and even a website.


Tumblr
Heathers Facebook group helped me a lot when I was going through some stuff so I asked her for an interview and happily she said yes!


Why did you start you FB page?
I started my FB page after starting a group called "Skirt Girls: Modesty Honors Beauty". I wanted to try FB pages when it first came out and it turned out to be easier and more convenient to use than groups. But originally, I created Skirt Girls: Modesty Honors Beauty because as a young Apostolic girl, I faced criticism & all the 'normal' things that I assumed all Apostolic girls go through. 


Tumblr
Becoming an adult, I wanted to reach out to young girls and give them a chance to meet/talk to other girls trying to grow up the same way. That blossomed into fashion tips, hairstyles & weekly devotionals. I know that sometimes we feel alone in the world and the group was a place where we could all feel like we fit in.

What age are your pages aimed at?

Tumblr
My pages are aimed to Apostolic girls of all ages. Girls that have been reached are mostly between 18-24.


What is the most rewarding thing about starting your FB group?
The most rewarding thing about having these pages has been the messages that I have received, thanking me for bringing girls together to share stories, have fun, look at outfits, shop and do hairstyles together. 

To me Apostolic girls uniting together is the most beautiful thing ever! I've met so many women from so many walks of life and I am so glad that God directed me to start on this path. Also thanks to Facebook for giving me a place to start!!

Do you have any encouragement for any Apostolic girls who are struggling right now?
I know it can be hard in school to live right and I also know sometimes its tempting to try some of the things that the world tries. You are young and it can be hard being different.
Know that God created you to worship him, nothing else. Study and be ready to answer any questions your schoolmates ask you, because they will ask! They are watching everything you do, so keep doing it right!

And lastly what are your favourite items in your "apostolicgirlcloset"?

I would have to say my lacy black skirt, black blazer and can't forget my favourite jean skirt!

Thank you Heather for letting me interview you!
If you click on the links below you can support Heather by liking or following her pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment