20 June 2013

Interview: Apostolic Fashion

So Hey everyone!!  I haven't really blogged in a while and I have not forgotten the tutorial I promised it will be up tomorrow keep a look out!!

 

This is a interview I did a while back I just never had the chance to put it up. It started while prowling Instagram one day it came to me that there where loads of accounts just like mine where girls posted pictures of modest fashion. I quickly realised I needed to interview some of them but I had no idea where to begin. Shortly after I looked at Apostolic Fashion's  bio it said she was the first Apostolic Fashion Instagram so what better place to start but from the beginning of course.. Enjoy....


Name: Iset

From: California

Fave scripture: Psalms 23

Fave place to visit: Mexico

Fave restaurant: The Dog House

Fave song: Here I am to worship by William McDowell

Fave item in your "apostolicgirlscloset":  I love everything! But if I had to decide it would be my Forever 21 teal skirt

Fave pic I've ever posted :



This one because I love everything about it!


 I started this Instagram account because I would always hear people say Apostolics don't have style because we ways wear skirts or there's girls who want to start wearing skirts but don't know where to buy or wear them so I decided to make one. I did it to help my brothers and sisters out to give them fashion ideas and remind them that we can dress nice but modest! This is just to motivate other girls who want to wear skirts! and for the men to give them more color suit ideas with ties etc 



My best experience while having this account is getting kik messages of people thanking me for making this account and helping them out. I love getting messages like these they truly make my day!

I know it's hard for girls who've barley been baptized and started wearing skirts, I was in church for a few years before I decided to get baptized and believe me it was hard. I still wore my pants I didn't want to change my "style". My mother would always tell to wear skirts and I would only do so once a week but then I would take it off, but I started praying asking God to help wear skirts and so he did and out of no where I started wearing skirts little by little and now I mostly wear skirts.



I'm not saying I don't wear pants because to be honest I still do once in a while but I know God is still working with me he is still working in me I'm not perfect, I make mistakes. This account is actually also helping me it's motivating me more seeing those girls with cute skirts makes me want to buy so much skirts! So this is why I made this account I love seeing people's comments saying they love it or dislike it, they are just saying what they feel and that's totally fine.

 

One last thing to all my sisters people can tell you to stop wearing pants and start wearing skirts but only you can make that the decision of course you need God's help too, but I encourage you to pray, fast, read the Bible and God will reveal anything you want to know. God bless you all!! 

I would like to thank Iset for this interview and go follow her on Instgram you guys she's awesome!! @apostolicfashion

No comments:

Post a Comment