12 August 2013

Ombre Denim Vest Tutorial

Hey Everyone!
How was your weekend?
I got back from camp on Friday I'm still really tired. I don't know why us Apostolics do it! Every year I stay up till stupid hours of the morning then get up at 7 for prayer, come on I know I'm not the only one ;)

Oh and I saw the pictures of NAYC it looked soooo amazing whoever went you are so lucky!!

Sorry I'll stop blabbing now. I have a tutorial for you this one was seriously my favourite so far I love my vest/waistcoat (in UK it's a waistcoat) it goes with anything I practically lived in it at camp and my friends stole it to wear as well!

What you will need:

  1. A Denim Jacket 
  2. A rectangular container
  3. Bleach
  4. Plastic Gloves

I bought this jacket for £5 at a thrift store it is good quality the fit was a bit big but I can kinda pull it off.

The first thing I did was cut off the sleeves it needs to be done close to seam but not on the seam.


Next soak the denim vest in water so it's easier to bleach.
For my vest I wanted it to be really bleached so I used 2X bleach to 1X water in a container like this. It's big enough for my vest to lie down.




Put the vest in the mixture of bleach and water so it is covered. I had to keep mine in there for 30 minutes this was because I wanted mine to be light if you want it to be dark then keep it in for a shorter time.


After it has turned to the shade you want it to be it's time to ombre. You need to lay half of your vest inside the bleach and the other half laying out.



Don't ask my why the water and bleach turned orange I have no idea!



I did this for 10 minutes. If you can hardly see a change it's okay neither could I, when it dries it looks better.

I dried mine outside in the sun, you have to make sure it has dried all the way through then you can wash and dry it in the machine.

Now it's ready to wear! 
If you follow me on Instgram you can see how I've styled this @AntoinetteFarquharson

Have an awesome week! Be blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment