14 April 2018

Sewing isn't always black and white






 Everyone... I sewed a dress! It was hard at first because I haven't made anything in a while. I had to oil my machine and over locker and practice with scraps but I got it eventually and now I have a cute dress. When I make a dress I hardly ever sketch a design beforehand which is probably not the typical way of making a dress. Let me take you through my process...





 So firstly I go fabric shopping (bear in mind, I have no idea what I'm going to find/buy). Then when I see some fabric that I like if I can think of at least three designs, I buy it. Once I get home I hang the fabric up in my closet or somewhere I can see it all the time, this is mainly to see what it could become... don't judge me, it works in my head. After a while I then start to cut out my design and sew it together, this can take from and hour to 2-3 days. With this dress in particular I had to think about a bit more than usual, mainly because it's been a while and ruffles are not the easiest without a pattern. Thankfully there were no zips or buttons or tricky fastenings because I'm lazy and bought stretchy fabric.












I hope this helps or has at least given you an insight into the workings of my strange brain.
Have an amazing week, God bless!

1 comment:

  1. YOU MADE THIS!!!!! :) umm okay...talent! This is such a gorgeous dress. I love it. It’s so flattering on you! :)

    ReplyDelete